Data Platform Architect / Lead Developer
We are looking for a hands-on Lead Back-End Java Architect to lead the development of our robust Data Platform.
What You Will Be Doing
- Responsible for architecting, implementing and delivering the next generation of our Data Platform.
- The core components of the Data Platform include content discovery and ingestion, social-media tracking, analytics and search.
- Employ EC2 instances, crawls contents from 1M+ sites and ingests billions of social media signals from various social networks.
- As the Lead Architect, you will be responsible for ensuring that the Data Platform can scale up to support our growth. This is a highly technical, hands on role, where you are expected to code as well as lead.
What You Need for this Position
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent education or experience.
- Solid Java programming skills; familiarity with Spring, Hibernate or related frameworks
- 5+ years of experience in large-scale software systems with a proven track record of creating and delivering distributed, always-on data processing systems
- Experience with Hadoop and/or Spark and NoSQL databases in production
- Familiarity with search technologies including solr and ElasticSearch
- Familiarity with and interest in Artificial Intelligence, Data Mining and Natural Language Processing a plus